Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Flock of Sheep & Some Turkeys

Was at the orphanage first thing this morning, reading through case studies of all the children that have not received sponsorship, putting together each "story" (seems such an awful word to use when speaking of a child's reality) so that Megan can deal with each sponsorship quickly as they come in ...there is a lot for this amazing woman (angel, actually) to be trying to achieve on her own & so hope to help her set up as much as poss before I go home next week.

I still stand in complete awe of these children, seeing their past written in black & white to then walk out of the office into a warm bath of smiling children ...to believe what I am speaking of can only be gained by experiencing it.

I had taken my camera with me to take individual photos for sponsors & some snaps of the children busy with their art ...the children LOVE the camera ...real gorgeous little posers! who then have to see their photo I realised that maybe they have not ever seen their own reflection.

We added another animal to our farm today ...a turkey ...the wall already looks amazing, even though "Old Mcdonald" only owns a flock of sheep & turkeys so far *smile* ...the children asked me if we could give "Old Mcdonald" a wife ...really made me laugh.

I then got out the playdoh ...after quite a cool drum session on the tubs *smile* (mental note to make musical instruments) which after explaining it was not to eat, they got the jist & made incredible little models of people, animals & little babies in cradles ...was a real shame to have to squash them & put the play doh back in the tubs ...I am now on a mission for clay!

And ...yep, the morning did include the good old "hokey cokey" at demand ...who needs jogging when you have the hokey cokey *grin*


Michelle Roberton - Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment